Brisk

I like history and soaking in the scenery along the way.  John likes walking around the small canal front towns.  Brian likes activities.  The last few days we’ve immersed ourselves swimming in the intermittent lakes along the way, Brian’s delight.  Lake Onieda was first, Cross Lake yesterday and Lake Cayuga, one of the finger lakes today!  We barely drop anchor in a protected bay and bust out the bathing suites.  But immersion in the lake requires a certain inner fortitude.  Oneida was 62*.  Cross lake was 68* but honestly, I couldn’t tell the difference---it was all cold.  Brian and I are the hearty souls.  John…well…he requires considerable persuading.  So we expound the virtues of the water—brisk, clear, refreshing water…which, curiously, after about 2 minutes is how it feels.  It clearly cools me off and functions as my bath for the day.  Brian and I have fun while we wait for John (about 15 minutes or longer) to slowly lower himself into the water.   I confess, it does take your breath away but it’s worth it.  I’m happy lollygagging on a noodle.  Brian jumps off the boat and swims.  John…well he goes in long enough to declare victory and gets out and promptly changes so he does not have to do that again!  He’s happy with one allotted beer in hand or just sitting in the cockpit, soaking in the view.  Me, I’m just happy to be here with my little family in the lovely LL Bean setting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kathryn Hepburn

Aerobic Workout

History by Happenstance